If you are looking for a nice travel bag at a decent price, you are at the right place. We have found an awesome SwissGear Backpack for multi-purpose use. For example, you can use this backpack for traveling, school, carrying the laptop and books etc. We are going to review the Swiss made Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 today.
Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 Review
The SwissGear ScanSmart 1900 is a basic design backpack for travel lovers. This is not anything specially designed or out of the box to make you say WOW!
But, this is what that will make you happy after you start to use it.
On the front, there is a Swiss Gear logo, also in the zippers and the top handle of the bag. It’s defining that everything is from the brand itself.
Let’s check out some of the general specifications.
- The bag is 18″ in height.
- 13.5″ wide.
- Dimension wise 18.5 x 13.5 x 9.0 inches (Height x Width x Depth).
- Made with durable 1200D polyester.
- Lay-flat design helps speed through airport security. This is a nice feature as you have to spend less time in scanning on the belt.
- A laptop-only compartment designed to fit most portable computers up to 17 inches. There is an inner laptop sleeve that gives extra protection while traveling with your laptop.
- Since the backpack is oversized, it fits adults and large children best.
The backpack is available in 4 colors – Red, Black, blue and gray. Whatever the color is they have the only black outer portion. The color only indicates design layer over the front and on both sides only.
We voted the gray one best, it looks good for every occasion.
Why do you want to buy this?
There are a lot of other options in this price range or lower for this kind of bag. We choose this one because it is from SwissGear. Like all other products from this company, this is a heavy duty backpack and you are getting a year warranty for the product (from a limited number of the seller).
The material and the breathable padding of swissgear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 is quite good for carrying this bag for a long time. Please do check the specifications on amazon for detailed customer reviews. None of the customers said it is bad.
There are literally as many pockets as you want. Space for having you water bottle, mobile, laptop and small things like keys, headphones, and rings. You will not lose any item as the pockets have zippers.
What we like most is the extra protection layer for your laptops. The inner layer for laptop, you can open the primary compartment like a luggage. It can be opened from the side also. So, you can reach your items anytime you want.
The inner compressor straps are a great addition to firm your belongings nicely.
The price range varies from season to season and in shops you choose. For better offer we would recommend you to check on amazon first. Offers are also given on this particular item. At that time, you can get it at less price than usual.
When we compared this one in e-bay, Amazon and on the SwissGear’s main site, we saw that a price difference of 5 to 10 USD. On e-bay different seller has different prices. Though our recommendation does not buy until you compare it with yourself. On Amazon offer if you are lucky you can get this under $50 and same goes for e-bay too.
The Higher price is on the SwissGear site.
Why we choose this bag on others? Let’s make some quick notes on that.
01. It’s under $100 and most of the time you are getting this in half price of 100USD.
02. Very strong build and usable in almost any season.
03. Dust and scratch proof outer layer of polyester.
04. The back padding and shoulder padding is pretty comfortable with durable stitches.
05. You can hold a good number of electronic devices without any hassle.
06. Can be used by both youngsters and adults. Not recommended for children as this is a large bag.
01. Only one size is available.
02. larger laptops like more than 17 inch screen is a hassle to fit in this.
So, should you choose it ?
Definitely yes, it’s a recommended multi purpose bag. Good for regular use as well as for traveling. You can have your clothes, shoes and laptop in a single backpack. No need to carry two bags separately.